Saturday, July 20, 2013

How to Eat Rice (Efficiently)

Everyone knows that Beau is pretty serious about food.  I mean, he's constantly talking about food, cooking play food, snacking and planning for his next meal.  At dinner on Friday night, he was extra serious about his rice.  We order the boys cheese quesadillas and chicken fajitas to split (along with apple slices I brought along), and they always enjoy their Mexican meal.  I gave Beau the rice from my plate, and he was so happy!  He needed a spoon and fork to capture each and every grain.  He was careful and filled his utensils slowly.  
A look of determination while bringing the fork and spoon closer without spilling (much)! 
The fork bite was first, and it was great! 
Clean fork - next up is spoon. 
I think we could all see the little wheels in his brain turning about the difficulty of this two bite process.  Apparently, it was too hard or too slow to load both utensils with enough rice for a good bite.  Smart little guy decided to use the fork to load up the spoon!  Genius!   
He was much happier with his new process and bigger bites!  So efficient!
I got a sneaky little look after he caught me observing and taking pictures of him at work.  Stinker!!! 
It was kind of amazing to watch Beau work through his rice process.  He's just the smartest thing . . . especially when food is involved!  Next week he can get his own bowl of rice, and maybe that will be easier than trying to get it off the plate.  I'm sure genius Beau will come up with a great plan no matter what! 

No comments: