Sunday, February 10, 2013

Lincoln's First Ice Cream Cone


Lincoln had his first ice cream cone on this warm Sunday afternoon, and he loved it!!!  I don't know how he has lived for almost 4 years without experiencing the joy of a simple ice cream cone.  Don't get me wrong, we love ice cream and eat it often.  Apparently, we only eat it out of a bowl at home or at the local ice cream or yogurt shop.  Linc was done with his "rest time" before Beau was finished with his nap, so I asked him if he wanted to sneak out to get an ice cream cone.  Of course, the answer was a loud YES!!  It was really a magical experience, and I loved watching him discover something so sweet and fun.  He actually didn't like the cone part, but he was in heaven with soft serve in a convenient little package!  Linc also loved that we had a secret adventure to share.  He kept telling me that Beau just wasn't ready, so we shouldn't tell him about cones yet. I agree based on the mess factor alone!  On the way home he said, "I like going to get ice cream with just me and you, Mommy."  My heart melted!  What a sweet treat with my sweet Lincoln!

No comments: