Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Getting Ready for Bed

Lincoln and Beau play so hard each day, and they play even harder each evening.  Their little boy energy amazes me!  At every moment they are acting out crazy pretend stories, making giant messes, wrestling and chasing each other, building wild block houses, and playing to the extreme.  They are both super great sleepers (knock on wood, plastic, glass, and any other surface imaginable) and are quiet when it is time for bed.  Beau told me before his bath tonight that he was tired and ready to get in bed . . . I think he tricked me and just wanted to be silly for a few minutes.  He giggled in his fake sleep too much!
He couldn't stay still for long and was giving me his best smiles.  He talked to me about all of his bed friends.  That bed is FULL!  We never let Lincoln have so many things at this age (actually he didn't get anything in his bed), but perhaps we are older/wiser/etc.  Beau showed me his bear, Elmo, Ernie, Grover, Melman, Charlie Brown, and Bobster.  I don't know how they all have room to sleep in there, but I'm glad he and his buddies enjoy quiet rest! 
It's hard to get the boys to sit still together for a short lesson during the day.  While they are corralled in a small space during their baths, I've been reading a story each night from their Toddler Bible.  They anticipate the story each evening, and I'm so happy they enjoy this special time.  After I read the lesson, they always want me to go back to the older ones and show the pictures.  Linc got dressed first and loved looking back at the stories from previous nights.   
He made sure to tell me about each story.  His favorites are Daniel in the Lions' Den, Jonah and the Whale, and David and Goliath.  (They both love that Goliath is a giant and David is so little.  They don't understand the sling-shot yet, but it sounds super cool!)  Lincoln told me that old kings were really mean, and that we should all ask Jesus to help us because it works for these guys.  I totally agree!!! 
After Beau got all cleaned up and dressed for bed, Lincoln gave him a few too many hugs and kisses.  Lincoln is soooooo loving, and Beau can only take the love in short spurts.  He played along as long as he could! 
These are the sweetest brothers ever!  They completely love each other and completely drive each other mad.  They are totally opposite (body type-wise) and totally identical (playing style-wise) at the same time. They wouldn't know what to do without the other! 
I love these two little guys more than words can say.  I love Beau's squishy hugs and Linc's boney hugs.  I pray a million thanks of how smart and sweet and independent and loving and energetic and inquisitive and special that they are each day.  I can't imagine what they will come up with tomorrow, but I'm excited to go along for the ride!

No comments: