Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Happy and Sick

Beau is such a happy kid these days! He's really loving the jeep, and I always get huge smiles when he's playing there. He likes his mat, tummy time, the bumbo and the jeep . . . and I've been carrying him in the (off-brand) Baby Bjorn lately, which he's really starting to like. Being carried facing out is definitely the way to go, so the carrier helps me to have more use of my hands. What a sweet, happy kid!


Lincoln is a sick kid these days! He woke up on Sunday morning with a fever that kept fluctuating between 99 and 101. Ibuprofen seemed to help ease his uncomfortableness so he tried to have fun and play, but he just wasn't his usual silly, on the go self. We read lots of books and worked lots of puzzles to keep occupied. I felt so sorry for him because his little eyes were dark and sad. I told Kevin he looked like a skinny little "fill in the blank poor Eastern European country" orphan. Surely we can find something to make him feel better.



Monday was worse so a trip to see Dr. K was in order, as his fever reached 102.5. Kevin got the news that it was a virus that made him have a sore throat and a fever, but it should only last a few days . . . and there was no medicine to help other than Ibuprofen or Tylenol. Poor kid! He got to watch Follow That Bird a few times and eat two cinnamon rolls and strawberries for dinner, and he loved it! We also learned that this is a pretty contagious virus, so Beau better watch out. I've said many prayers for a speedy recovery for Lincoln and a free pass for Beau. I know Beau's gonna get sick either on his own or because of Lincoln, but he's just so little right now. I can't please him with puzzles, Big Bird or pastries yet!

No comments: