Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Beau is 3 Months Old




There's a big difference in a two month old and a three month old. Beau is so much stronger and reactive than just one month ago. He is such a happy kid and really watches everything going on around him. Lincoln provides him with lots of entertainment and always offers to inspect his toys. Here are Beau's three month stats:

Weight - 14 1/2 pounds - He's pretty hefty all around! I put on an outfit that Lincoln wore at three months, but I could barely get the shirt to stay down over his belly! He doesn't seem too big though, just really filled out. I'm just barely keeping up with him, even though I'm drinking lots of Mother's Milk tea.

Height - 24 1/2 inches - I think his height is proportionate to his size, and he looks totally normal to me.

Sleeping - Beau is a good little napper and sleeps great at night, too. He usually hits the sack at 9:00 pm and sleeps until 7:30 am. Nice, huh? His naps are totally different than Linc's were at this age . . . he actually takes them! Linc was already in his 30 minute nap phase, but Beau is much better. He takes three each day of over an hour each and a little mini snooze before dinner. I count this as major success!

Fun stuff - Beau really likes sitting in the Bumbo. He always likes to be facing out to see what's going on. Linc and I sit down and play so he can check out the puzzles or books we're playing with.

He's recently started grasping a toy that I offer him. Usually the keys or a rattle. Lincoln was so proud of him when he noticed, and told me "Beau hold the toy, Mommy. Yay!" Tummy time is still pretty easy, and Beau kind of rolls over. It's not the prettiest thing, but he can do it. See that big belly's not in the way too much!Bathtime is always fun! Even if Beau's been really fussy while Lincoln gets his bath, he always cheers up when it's his turn. He goos and smiles the most while in the tub! I'm thinking we're gonna need to find a more sturdy bath place soon. Sometimes he gets excited and tries to stand up in the reclining tub, and he's getting pretty strong! I'll have to research that one.I'd say we're all doing great, and that we've had a good three months. I love the bond between these brothers and how they always look to each other. I had a vision of Linc at 4 and Beau at 2 the other day, and I can't wait for them to really get to enjoy each other. But in the mean time, we'll take each day as a chance to grow and love a little more.

No comments: