Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Feeling Fine!

I'm happy to report that we've continued the healing at our house! Lincoln is responding great to his new medicine . . . actually he loves it and asks for "medimi" all the time. It must taste like a yummy strawberry. His appetite is back, and he's making up for lost time. Check out the evidence: tonight's plate after dinner!
He had a chicken strip, carrots, sweet potato fries and cheesy rice (even though he doesn't really like cheesy rice!). Notice the spoon is still nicely placed next to the plate where I put it. He's only into the fork I guess! After dinner, he went to the pantry and yelled "M M M" so I gave him a few peanut butter M&Ms. After that, he ate a cinnamon roll and a peanut butter cookie! Seriously, we're gonna gain this weight back in no time. I'm so glad he's feeling better!
Oh, how I miss his little personality when he's sick. It's nice to have a cuddly kid for a bit, but he's so funny and animated when he's feeling good. We're so blessed that he's not sick very often.

For some reason, we're on a cookie kick. Tonight I made these peanut butter Hershey Kiss cookies - the recipe from the bag of Hershey Kisses. Kevin is quite obsessed right now. Lincoln requested "cookie no chocolate" so I left a few without Kisses. I may start giving these away because I definitely don't need to keep eating them!
We'll see what trouble we can find tomorrow . . . it's a Mommy and Linc Day! Cross your fingers for a late wake up call!

No comments: