Saturday, December 11, 2010

Christmas-y Friday

We had a super Christmas-y Day on Friday! It was lots of fun - maybe with a few tears too. Lincoln helped me make Christmas cookies. By "helped" I mean he stacked and played with the ingredients.
He had to sample one to make sure they were good. I wouldn't want to give anyone a bad cookie, right? He added sprinkles to a few but left the heavy decorating to Mommy.
We also paid a trip to Santa's Workshop (via the Galleria) to see the Big Guy. We practiced saying Ho Ho Ho, and Hi Santa, but it was not happening! Lincoln was not having any of Santa's lap!!!!! (He cried last year too. I wonder what age they start actually liking Santa?!) Santa suggested I hold him, but it didn't get any better. As soon as we stood up, he said "bye-bye, Santa". No more tears!!! We ran into Santa at the toy store a short time later and he waved and said hello like they were buddies! Seriously!!!!
Lincoln is enjoying the holiday season more and more, and I enjoy watching him learn about it. We got out the nativity again, and he especially loves Baby Jesus . . . loves to throw Baby Jesus, I mean. I am trying to put a stop to that! Stay tuned for more holiday fun, like Lincoln wrapping presents, a family card picture, and maybe even a carol or two!

1 comment:

BJ, Shea, Drew, and Dax said...

Best Santa pic ever! I laughed out loud at that one! :)