Saturday, August 28, 2010

. . . And Baby Makes Four!

Since Lincoln's learning so much and doing so many cool things, we decided he needs someone to share all these neat things with. Yep, we're having another baby! Oh my goodness, this one is so much different already. I discovered I was pregnant at 1 day, I swear. I started out nauseous but constantly starving and exhausted but unable to sleep. Hmmmm . . . those aren't good combinations, are they? At 11 weeks, the nausea has gone away thankfully. I'm still on and off about sleeping, and I cherish the nights when it comes in long stretches. The baby should arrive a couple of weeks before Lincoln's 2nd birthday in March 2011. If you know Kevin, you know it took a little convincing to go for another kid. I kept assuring him it would be smarter to get all the craziness of adding a baby to your nice cozy family sooner rather than later. (I mean, does he want to carry around a newborn at Linc's 110 degree baseball practices in 5 years? I think not!) So here we are . . . with none of the difficulties of last time. My body has been much more receptive of the baby with this pregnancy, and we haven't had any of the issues we had before. I'm so thankful that we can give Lincoln a brother or sister. Speaking of Lincoln . . . he's not really interested in the "baby" idea right now. So far the only way it has affected him is that he can't bounce on my belly anymore.
(This should explain my decrease in posts lately. I'm just so tired! It's getting better, so I'll try to keep it up. Stay tuned for awesome gymnastics pics soon!)

6 comments:

BJ, Shea, Drew, and Dax said...

Oh wow! Congratulations guys! So happy for y'all! :)

Hayley said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you guys!

Unknown said...

Wow! My heartiest congratulations.

Paige and Jon Erickson said...

woohoo!!!! congrats!!!!

EilandFamily said...

Congrats!!!! That's so exciting!!!! I will add you to my expecting mother prayer list. I am less than 11 weeks away from "baby princess" arriving!!!! Congrats again!!

Dale said...

Congratulations !! The more the merrier !