Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Uh Oh Cheerio

I've been waiting for this for over a year . . . the first uh oh mess! Lincoln can have the floor covered with every single book and toy he owns in a very short time. He plays hard and goes back and forth from toy to toy. I've always known these messes are no big deal. I just put the stuff back in it's appropriate bin/basket/box so he can get it all back out again! Lately he's been interested in the pantry while I'm getting dinner ready. Again, no big deal. He has his own rack with select "food" items to play with - gravy packet, sprinkles bottle, m&ms package, and a big almost empty box of Cheerios. You know where this is going, right? Here's what I've been waiting for:

He figured out how to get the package out of the box some time ago, but never unrolled it until tonight. I know, I know . . . I could have just clipped it, but what's the fun in that?!?! He tried to put the Cheerios back in the package, then lost interest and stomped on them. I only had a tiny cringe because I had just mopped, but whatever. Like I said, I've been waiting on this first of many messes. I'm sure I won't always think these things are so comical, but I could only laugh at his face when the Cheerios came pouring out. Lord, please remind me of this calmness when it's spaghetti sauce, ketchup, orange juice or some other equally horrific liquid!

No comments: