Sunday, September 6, 2009

What's New?

Things are rockin' along just great at the Kuhlman house, and we're have lots of fun. Lincoln and I have been enjoying runs lately. Sometimes he is totally entertained by all the sights and sounds as we run, but other times it's the perfect time for a snooze. It's definitely harder to run while pushing a stroller, and sometimes I embellish a little when telling Kevin about our work out. I swear the wind direction changed and I had to run both ways into the wind and a surprise rain fell at our farthest distance from the house! It might have been crosswinds and a sprinkle or two, but whatever!!!
I didn't plan for Kevin and Lincoln to wear matching Polos, but it was too cute. I'm sure you can guess what they're doing in this photo . . . watching the Rangers!!! We're working on introducing Lincoln to football this weekend. So far, he's enjoying it. I'm sure he'll get LOTS of practice!

Each time we walk into a restaurant we're asked if we need a high chair, and each time we say, "No, we're not quite sitting yet - but soon!" Well, I decided today was the day! I happily carried the chair cover into breakfast and plopped Lincoln right down. Of course I brought a stick-on place mat (seriously, have you met Kevin?!) and a couple of toys. Success! Lincoln seemed to really like the independence and stayed in the high chair the whole time just looking around and playing. It was weird that we both got to eat our meal with two hands at the same time! I don't know what made me think he was ready, but I'm sure glad we gave it a shot. Then again, I sometimes wonder what happened to my little baby.

2 comments:

Paige and Jon Erickson said...

LOVE his sweet smile! He is getting so big!!!!!!

Jamie said...

they grow up so fast, don't they!