Tuesday, September 8, 2009

5 Months Old

(I'll first apologize that this post is a little late - sorry!)
Weight: 16 pounds! He's definitely filled out, but I don't think he's too big. Just the right amount of chubby on his cheeks and legs.
Height: 26 inches! He seems so tall to me, and I hope he gets that from Kevin.

Menu: He eats 5 times a day with three of those consisting of cereal along with milk. We've been through rice and oatmeal, and we're almost done with wheat. Up next . . . veggies!!

Sleeping: I'm happy to report that we haven't had any hiccups with sleeping through the night (knock on wood!). Bedtime is at 8:30 and breakfast is served at 7:00, and this schedule works well for all of us. Naptime has gotten much better now that we tried tummy naps. He seems to sleep more soundly at naptime now, and that has been a struggle. I didn't like the 30 minute nap phase! (Don't worry, he sleeps on his back at night!)

What he's up to: We are at such a fun age right now, and I hear it just gets better! Lincoln is a happy, excited kid who loves to do new things and see the world around him. He's quite adventurous, and sometimes thinks he's a little more grown up than he actually is! When he stands up holding on to the ottoman, he likes to let go and grab something with both hands . . . he doesn't think about falling, so I'm always there to catch him!
He's sitting on his own pretty well, although he crashes to one side after a minute or two. We started practicing this on the bed to take advantage of the cushion, but we're on the floor now. Gotta toughen him up, right?!

He's very tech-savvy! We Skype with my parents often, and Lincoln is intrigued by it. He definitely responds to their voices, but he can't find where it's coming from. He stares at the computer, but he doesn't make much of their faces on the screen. They talk to him, and he talks and goos and squeals back.

We're still lovin' the Jeep. He would stay in it forever if I'd let him. He spins the rearview mirror, chews on the keys, and toots the horn. He often tries to chew on the horn, so sometimes when I look over to congratulate him on pushing the button it's actually his head banging into the steering wheel. Oh, well! If it makes him happy . . .
He loves to laugh! Eric really had him going this weekend, and we finally got it on tape. Enjoy this happy sound . . . and laugh along with Lincoln!


1 comment:

Watson's said...

Ok, so this has nothing to do with your post (which, by the way, is a wonderful one--Lincoln is perfect and precious). I've had two dreams about you guys for the past two nights...In the first one, I was going with your fam of 3 to the carnival. Monica, you ordered a big red, but a carnie was spiking it with alcohol... and other fun carnival adventures like that. The next night I was with ya'll and I kept confusing Rhett, Lincoln, and Kevin's names.?? Weird! Am I having too much of your blog?! If I have a dream about you tonight I might need to stop tuning in for awhile! Ha! Love, Elizabeth