Wednesday, January 21, 2009

31 weeks

I'm going to do my best to update at least weekly now that we're getting so close. I'll also try to post pictures so you can all follow my ever-expanding belly. Kevin takes these pictures on Wednesday afternoons when we get home from work, and I'm sure I'll give up on "looking cute" by the end! Little Lincoln has been good this week. He practiced his boxing skills yesterday, and I thought I might have an octopus in there. He was kicking and punching in so many places at once! The book says he's over 3 pounds now and that he's got a lot to do during his waking hours. Along with kicking and punching his mom, he blinks, swallows, gulps, hiccups and even dreams! His brain is in full swing practicing these skills and getting ready to learn everything about our world. On that note: I'm accepting advice regarding fish oil. I have been taking fish oil capsules (specifically small cold water fish)to amp up his brain power, but I'm not sure I enjoy them. Other than the obvious gag-reflex, heartburn and burping seems to be side effects. Any suggestions on how to alleviate these side effects? Freezing them seems to help some . . . the smell and side effects!

We were quite busy this past weekend - I had breastfeeding class, which I couldn't convince Kevin to attend with me. I told him he was a Dead Beat Dad for making me go alone, but he stayed home and cleaned the garage. I guess that's an equal trade! Of course I didn't learn to breastfeed, just how best to approach it and prepare for it when the time comes. I'll have a lactation consultant in the hospital once the baby is born. The inspection on our potential home went well. I think we finally found a good one. There will be lots more to come on that later. Keep your fingers crossed. Hope everyone has a good week!

5 comments:

Paige and Jon Erickson said...

I couldn't stand the fishy burps either! Yuck!!! I started taking mine at night before bed and that seemed to help. I didn't notice any side effects at all :)

Jamie said...

ohh... I must be a bad mommy! I don't take fish oil... it wasn't mentioned to me to take ... typical I don't love my new doctor. are you feeling like a beached whale? I sure do!

Hayley said...

I am so impressed that you are wearing heels at 31 weeks! You look great!

Trent, Amanda and Kennedy said...

I never took the fish oil pills either. You look great!

julia said...

I take a DHA supplement called Expecta in addition to my prenatals. I don't have any of those side effects.
I never knew that I would have to take a breast feeding class... when my dog had puppies, they all just knew what to do. Apparently, it's not that way with humans.