Thursday, January 15, 2009

30 Weeks!

It's hard to imagine that Baby Lincoln has been with me for 30 weeks. We've gone through so many things together, and I can't wait to finally meet him. He's doing really well these days. He likes to stick to his routine of kicking after breakfast and early afternoon then putting on a show after dinner. Kevin and I stared at my belly forever last night watching him maneuver around. He started out up high on my left side then kicked and turned and somersaulted his way to my right side, my belly stretching in weird ways as he moved. Kevin asked me what it feels like when he moves, and I can't really describe it: wonderful and strange all at the same time. I am finally able to report that I passed my gestational diabetes test! I had just gotten over a cold at my first screening, and I think my levels were all out of whack. 3 hours, 4 blood draws, and one REALLY strong glucose drink later - I've been given the all clear. The nurse called this afternoon to tell me my levels were perfectly normal and I was at no risk for GD, and I didn't even know what to say. I had so many questions prepared for her and (happily) they were not necessary.


We've got a lot to do in the next 10 weeks to get ready for little Lincoln. His nursery doesn't exist at this point, as it might be in a new house. Keep me in your prayers on that one!! I've got a lot to wrap up at work, plenty of shopping to do, breastfeeding class, child preparation class, and maybe a move. At least he won't be bored in there! I'll try to do better about the belly pics as we near the end.

4 comments:

Paige and Jon Erickson said...

It doesn't seem possible that you are 30 weeks already!?!?! Time flies! We moved when I was 37 weeks preggo, so Caroline's nursery didn't exist until then either. I know you'll be able to get it all together in a snap once you are settled! You look AMAZING, by the way :)

Jamie said...

Yeah! We've reached 30 weeks! I can't tell you how happy I am about that! I have to say that I'm nearly as nervous with this one as I was with Adie! Not quite but pretty darn close! We took the hospital tour last week, we are having to go some place different than I did with Adie... that in itself makes me crazy. Where are you guys delivering? These little boys and girls will be here soon!

Trent, Amanda and Kennedy said...

I can't believe that you are already 30 weeks. That is awesome! For the next ten weeks, make Kevin take you on lots of dates. Also, sleep in on the weekends as much as possible. I am so happy for you both!

Megan said...

I can't believe you have been preggo for 30 weeks and I still haven't seen you!!!

a NEW HOUSE?!?!?! whoa big things happening over there.