Thursday, September 30, 2010

18 Months - 16 weeks

I think I should title this post 18 months going on 18 years! Lincoln is turning into a little grown up right before my eyes, and he does something new and cool and independent every day. This is an awesome stage, and I don't want it to end. Maybe this is the fun before the Terrible Two's begin . . . am I supposed to hold on to the memories of my sweet, lovey, cuddly little one? He gives amazing hugs and kisses. He loves to "help" with whatever I'm doing, and I have to let him be a part of everything. He carries laundry, pushes the basket, puts his toys away, organizes the books, tries to cut his food, always uses his fork, and so many more grown up things. I love every little second! Here are the stats for Linc:
Weight - 24 big ones! He's still in the 25% percentile for weight. His current favorite foods are hot dogs, rice, peas, graham crackers, bananas and of course strawberries. He ate 10 berries just this evening! His dislikes change every day.
Height - 32 inches! He is definitely getting taller, though he still has short legs right now. Gotta keep growing so we can ride more rides!
New words - I can't keep up with the new words because they come so fast. He repeats everything and loves to point and name things. He is combining words all the time. Bye bye, Dada. Hi, Mama. Water all gone. More milk. He even said Hi Doctor at our visit yesterday. So impressive!
Tonight we went to the neighborhood Mexican place for a yummy dinner to celebrate Linc's 18 month birthday. Here he is enjoying a few chips!
Baby Kuhlman is doing well at 16 weeks. All our doctor visits have been great, and the little one is growing just fine. I am sleeping pretty well, not sick at all, and feeling good. I do get tired more easily, after all I'm keeping up with Linc. My baby bump is increasingly huge . . . way bigger than 16 weeks last time. I'm just trying to ignore it, but I know I will be in maternity clothes soon. Lincoln points to my belly and says "baby" all the time. Unfortunately we have another month before we'll know whether to buy pink or blue. It is going so slow this time, and I can't wait to know. Stay tuned for more updates soon.

No comments: