Monday, January 18, 2010

Wheeeee!

Nana and Pops gave Lincoln his own Chateau (for real, it says that on the box!) for Christmas, and he's really getting the hang of it. To utilize the Chateau completely, two people are needed - one to help him climb up to the bridge and one to catch him at the bottom of the slide. This weekend I was on climb duty while Allyson waited to catch.
Here I go!
Wheeeee!
I help him get to the edge, and he leans forward to slide. There are a few seconds of "no hands" that he loves. Notice the eyes closed and roller coaster hands - he's a real daredevil! He squeals and claps at the end. You can also see by my stance in the background that I'm mimicking the catch position. I've done this a few times!!!!!!

(It's comical that the box said Chateau because we often refer to Lincoln as "French Link-ee." He says Mama with a French accent! I'm sure one day that will be a Texas Twang, but for now I love French Link-ee)

1 comment:

Pops said...

Monica, when your husband was about the same age, he would only jump off his Grandma's refrigerator into my brother's arms. And, like Lincoln, he would "free-fall" a ways before Ron would catch him. Great fun for Kevin at the time.