Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Getting Back to Normal

This week has been challenging so far, but we are hopeful that we are have made past the bad part!  I alluded to Lincoln's vomit wake up call on Saturday morning before Mother's Day.  He only got sick three times early in the morning and was so happy to play and eat all day, that we guessed it was just a fluke.  On Monday evening, Beau disproved our theory.  He got sick just before bath time, and I sat with him in my lap and the puke bucket nearby for a few hours.  Poor little guy was so tired for being up late and sad about being sick, but I tried to keep him up until I thought the worst was over.  I bathed him and spent several hours (until almost 2:00 am) watching him sleep on the couch until I was confident he could go to bed with no more episodes.  Luckily he woke up (early) with no more sickness, but he was a little sensitive all day. Lincoln went on to Pre-K, and Beau and I spent the day together gently playing.  I don't think he returned to his usual self until I busted out the popsicles after dinner.  I should remember that popsicles make EVERYTHING better in the future.
Everyone got back to their normal routine on Wednesday, and we played lots of games after school.  Chutes  and Ladders was the favorite, and I loved that everyone was felt happy and healthy.  Playing Chutes and Ladders with a 4 year old and a 2 year old is a bit challenging.  The 4 year old has to mind the rules of the game . . . you can only move your game piece according to your spin (no re-spins if you land on 1), and you have to go back down the chute if you land on that spot (sadness).  The 2 year old only has to count the number of spots and can ignore the chutes and ladders because counting is the main lesson.   Oh, the drama!  Luckily, Lincoln won and Beau had fun counting.  Mommy considered it a win because everyone learned a bit, and no one cried. 
I hope I'm not jinxing anything by saying that we are all on the road to being healthy again.  I prayed so many thanks that we are never sick and that this would be over soon.  Our entire house has been Cloroxed numerous times, and I'm not so bothered that it has smelled like a sterilized hospital!  These little guys are so resilient, and they barely let this stomach bug get in the way of their happy spirit.  I am a lucky Mommy, indeed.

No comments: