Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Lincoln's 4 Year Check Up

Lincoln was so excited to visit Dr K for his 4 year check up.  He told me that he would chat with the doctor, he would get his eyes and ears checked, and they would poke a hole in him so he could get a sucker.  Luckily, that's pretty much what happened!  Everyone was so surprised at Linc's amazing language and communication skills.  Lincoln was the most excited about the new games he got to play at this visit - he loved the vision and hearing screenings, and he aced them both!  It was finally time to get the hole poked, and he actually got four pokes.  I told him it was because he was four!  The sucker and treat box definitely helped calm him down, and I'm glad he got booster shots for MMR, Polio, Chicken Pox, and DTAP.  I like immunized kids!!  His stats showed definite growth from last year.  He weighs 34 lbs (30th percentile) and is 40 inches tall (35th percentile).  I also asked him a few "favorite" questions to record on his 4th birthday.
Favorite foods:  strawberries, chicken, broccoli (I am not making this up!), ice cream cones
Favorite Book:  Curious George Goes to the Library
Favorite Movie:  Cars
Favorite Game:  Chutes and Ladders
Favorite Color:  red
Favorite Snack:  popcorn
Favorite Friend:  Beau  (soooo sweet!)
Favorite Song:  Take Me Out to the Ballgame
Favorite Holiday:  Valentines Day  (breaks my heart!)
Lincoln is the best little Lincoln I know, and he blows my mind each day by how smart he is at just four years old.  He is always ready to help take care of and teach Beau, he is constantly telling me that I'm beautiful (sweetest thing ever!), he is the most caring and sensitive and smart little guy I know.  I am so blessed to be his Mommy!

No comments: