Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Water Balloons!

I happened to pass the junky toy section in the grocery store today and decided to see if there was anything worth our time.  Oh, yes there was . . . I found a box of water balloons!  I even upgraded to the $3 box because it had a cone-like filler to make the process of filling them up so much easier.  (I also discovered after I had filled up the first one that I had no idea how to tie a balloon - Mom's learn on the fly though, and I am an expert now!)  I had to do a lot of explaining to Lincoln about the purpose/fun of water balloons.  He's never seen one and kept telling me that we should put air in them and let them go up in the air.  We filled up our bucket and got ready to bust some balloons.  Once we got outside, they were ready to give it a try!  Everyone got the hang of it really quickly, and our bucket was rapidly depleting!
 At first Linc would just toss them on the sidewalk and be disappointed that they didn't bust.  I convinced him to thrown them baseball-style, and he really got the hang of it!

One of Linc's pitches might have exploded near Beau, but Beau was so excited about the splash!  He squealed with delight!
 Lincoln did a lot of squealing, too.  I think after each bust, he screamed out with joy!  Our bucket of water balloons emptied too soon, so we headed back inside to fill up for our second round.  This is great!!!

Beau was loving it even thought he couldn't throw the balloons hard enough to bust them.  If he dropped them at the right spot to roll to the edge of the sidewalk, they caught the edge and busted.  Look at this face!!!

After emptying our second bucket, we called it quits.  I'm glad they are cheap because the bang for the buck goes pretty quickly!  I think we may spend a lot of time with water balloons this summer.  Perhaps a few of those moments may include Lincoln putting his head in the empty bucket . . . fun, right?!?!


No comments: